I feel like I should be able to come up with interesting, compelling, noteworthy things to tell the internet about, but...
I never do.
Maybe I'll change?
Change is definitely in the air because...
We are moving to NEW YORK!
How crazy is that?
Forest accepted a job as Training Manager at one of our company's manufacturing plants...in Hobart, New York. His first day is October 31st and then I will be a single mommy for 7 months. Katie and the babies and I will move out there in June, after Katie graduates and turns 18. So far my group at work has said that I can keep doing what I'm doing...remotely...from Hobart (which is VERY remote, from what I understand!).
It's going to be crazy, but we're hoping it will be awesome. I am kind of looking forward to "reinventing" my life, as follows:
- I am always kind of sad that I don't have a lot of (IRL) friends, but since we'll have to meet everyone new out there, I'm going to try to be more outgoing and make time for friends in my life.
- I am hoping we'll find a church where we can be more involved. Sure, I have a great church here, but we hardly know anyone, even though I've gone there for 13 years. We just go in, go to church, and leave. We smile at people and people come up to talk about the babies, but we haven't gotten to know anyone. That's lame of us. I'd like to change that.
- I want to get an EMBROIDERY MACHINE! I know, right? I LOVE all things embroidered/monogrammed/personalized and I think I can learn to do it. I envision an awesome craft room where I can work on such things on long cold nights in the snowy hamlet we're about to make our way to.
- I want to keep a nicer home. We always put off home improvement around here. In favor of what? I don't know. But we don't show much (any) pride in ownership. I'd like to change that (and I hope Forest will join me in such an endeavor!).
- I want to be intentional about making great memories with the babies. We are doing that here since the babies arrived, but I want to do even more. I want to make traditions like pumpkin carving, Christmas decorating, trips to visit NYC, little family excursions exploring the Northeast.
The babies are AWESOME! I couldn't be happier. They are all my dreams fulfilled. I should probably change the title of my blog, because I know exactly where my 4 beautiful babies are: Katie is hanging out with friends, Jack is in heaven, and Zoe and Egan are napping :)
Have a great Sunday!