Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Back in the game

Things have progressed. A lot.


I had a financial consult with the shiny new RE about 1/2 hour ago.  We are go for launch.  I am on the schedule for EGG RETREIVAL on November 2nd. How's that for efficiency? I went ahead and scheduled a whole week of vacation.  3 Day Transfer? 5 Day Transfer? Pshhht - who cares? I'm on vacation.


The gameplan until then:
  • Once I start my cycle...which should be, literally, any minute, I call the office and schedule the CD3 testing and start birth control pills.
  • Forest is going to have a super fancy semen screen on September 25th (scheduled for payday since it's $500 cash or check).
  • Stimulation will start mid-October
That's it - it's just that simple. Weird, huh?


In other news I have a new job offer to consider. The offer expires at the end of the day.  I found out about it at 8:30 this morning.  It's in the Project Management department (which is cool) but it's pretty administrative (which isn't cool).  It would have a fancy title and be all glorified & stuff, but I pretty much feel like it would be a step backward.  I don't know what to do.  The new director wants me to say "YES!!!!" really badly.  The VP thinks that staying in Regulatory Affairs would be the better career decision for me.  He said, "[Director] is looking out for his best interests.  I'm looking out for mine. You need to look out for yours."  When I basically said that I am not sure what it would take to lure me into their department he said, "I appreciate your candor.  I think you made the right choice."  I was like, "Uhhh...you're welcome?"  I am not sure what to do.  There are many factors to consider and only about another hour in which to consider them.


Decisions, decisions...

6 comments:

Lea said...

Best of luck with the job offer! And YAY on starting a new cycle!!! Looking forward to cheering you on. ;)

Sharon said...

All the best Amy!!!

twondra said...

Yay on the new cycle!!!

Good luck with the job offer!!

be said...

Woo-hoo on the new cycle! And kudos to taking the vacation time...I finally learned during our last few months of treatment to take the entire day off because I was much to scatterbrained after the 1/2 day's worth of appointments to work anyway!! Good luck with the job decision.

Sarah said...

Woo!!

Huge hugs!

Jamie said...

Wow! What great news!! I can't wait to hear more details about your cycle. I wish you all the best!