- I got the H1N1 vaccine - meh: why not?
- I get to have the 24-hour urine experience (Yahoo!) because I had preecclampsia when I delivered Katie so she wants to monitor me closely in the 3rd trimester. She wants to see what my "baseline" 24-hour urine specimen shows to evaluate any changes later.
- I got an order for the normal pregnancy lab draw - blood typing, Rh factor, HIV test, baseline platelets & stuff.
- Because I am a chubby-momma, I should only gain 15-20 pounds over the pregnancy. I'm supposed to make "good food choices". I shall do my best.
- She did an ultrasound "for fun" even though I had one at the RE on Friday. The baby looks all awesome & stuff, so that was fun to see. She showed me both hemispheres of his brain with the CSF in between - that was pretty kick ass!
- I get to stop the Lovenox!!!! She said that she's just not into it, she never would have put me on it for an MTHFR mutation - it hasn't been demonstrated to have a benefit and it could cause problems later if preecclampsia becomes an issue. So, I am DONE with the burning, painful, bruise-causing torture shots!
- She is in concurrence with the RE's recommendation to discontinue the progesterone on Saturday, at 8 weeks. So I only have 2 more PIO shots - one tonight and one on Friday! And only 9 more icky vaginal suppositories. I hate them. They have caused quite a bit of external irritation (sorry for the TMI) and I hate them (did I already say that? well - I DO!).
- I got a bag of treasures! Like magazines and pamphlets and what-not. Actually I don't know what all is in it because I haven't started digging into it yet (that's next on my agenda for the evening).
So that is my update. Next appointment in 4 weeks on January 13th. I am very happy. :)